The IFAJ-FAO Award for Excellence recognizes the best agricultural journalism of the year based on a theme among journalists in IFAJ member countries.
The IFAJ-FAO Award for Excellence is sponsored by the
Agricultural journalism guilds from member countries in good standing with IFAJ are welcome to submit up to two entries from members of their guilds.
- Entries may be print, broadcast or online stories.
- Guild representatives: please identify your first-choice and second-choice entry upon submission.
- If all guilds do not submit entries, second-choice entries will be accepted into the competition by a random draw.
- Entries must be submitted by guilds, not by individual members.
- It is up to each member country to determine how it selects its entry.
Entry fee: There is no entry fee
To be eligible, the entry must:
- Be a story under the theme determined by the FAO. This year’s theme is “The impacts of climate change on agriculture, forestry and fisheries.”
- The story may be the work of more than one journalist.
- Have been published, broadcast or posted between January 1 and December 31, 2016.
- Be a single story. Providing multiple pieces that make up a series are not allowed. In such a situation, select one story from the series to enter.
- Entries will be accepted in any language.
The winner of the IFAJ-FAO Award for Excellence will receive all travel and accommodations expenses to the 2018 IFAJ annual Congress in The Netherlands, as well as all travel and accommodation expenses to an FAO project.
The awards will be presented during the 2017 IFAJ Congress. Entrants need not be present to win—efforts will be made to establish an online presence by the winners.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
A guild representative who is authorized to submit on behalf of the guild may fill out the online application form found below with a separate application for each entry (submissions made with any outdated forms will not be accepted).
Entry deadline: February 1, 2017
Writing will be judged on the following: