The Star Prize for Broadcast (Video) recognizes outstanding video content produced primarily for broadcast on television or online video streams by journalists in IFAJ member countries.
Agricultural journalism guilds from member countries in good standing in the IFAJ are welcome to submit one entry from members of their guilds.
• Entries must be submitted by guilds, not by individual members.
• It is up to each member country to determine how it selects its entry.
Deadline is February 23, 2018
There is no entry fee.
To be eligible, the entry must:
• Be a story of broad agricultural interest.
• The story may be the work of more than one journalist.
• Have been broadcast via television between January 1 and December 31, 2017.
• Be a single story. Providing multiple pieces that make up a series is not permitted. In such a situation, select one story from the series to enter.
he winner of the Star Prize for Broadcast (Video) will be presented a trophy and a cash prize of €500. The runner-up will receive a certificate and a cash prize of €250. The awards will be presented during the IFAJ Congress. Entrants need not be present to win-efforts will be made to establish an online presence by the winners.
A guild representative who is authorized to submit on behalf of the guild may fill out the current application form online, found on the IFAJ website. Submissions made with any outdated forms will not be accepted.
The following must also be included for the entry before the deadline;
● Television entries must be presented in a format that is easy to access via widely available media software such as Windows Media Player or Real Player, or a web link must be provided.
● Entries can be uploaded to a hosting website by the national guild and the web link can be provided to IFAJ with the contest application.
● For entries not originally broadcast in English, please provide a short written summary in English.
● For entries longer than 10 minutes, please identify a 4-to-10-minute segment you would like the judges to consider as the heart of your entry. That will be the portion judged for the contest.
● For entries not originally broadcast in English, please provide a short written summary in English. If translation into English is not available, contact the IFAJ Global Office as soon as possible: IFAJ will arrange and pay for translation for the summary and up to 4 minutes of a guild’s broadcast entry.
Entry deadline: February 23, 2018
Content and style, including originality and creativity, relevance and audience appeal.
• Technical merit, focusing on the work of the journalist, and not the whole team involved in producing the whole story, including the way the journalist uses their voice, the structure of the story, and the relevance of supporting images.
• Objectivity and balance, i.e. reflects effort to research and present an informed and balanced report.
If you have any questions please contact the contest administrator using the form below.