The Star Prize for Photography recognizes the best agricultural photography of the year among journalists in IFAJ member countries.
- Any member in good standing of a national association or guild that is a member of IFAJ may enter one published photograph in each category.
- National agricultural journalist associations and guilds that are members of IFAJ may also each enter one photo per category.
- A national association may enter a photo taken by someone who is not a member of their association. However there is a fee for such entries (see below).
To be eligible, the entry must:
- Be a photo of broad agricultural interest.
- Fit in one of three categories:
- Production – this includes photos of machinery or technical aspects of farming, plant and animal production, bioenergy etc.
- Have been published as editorial material in a printed publication or on the Internet between January 1 and December 31, 2016.
- May be either colour or black & white.
- Images must be no larger than 10 MB
- Must attach either a web link or PDF of a tear sheet as proof of publication.
The winners in each category of the Star Prize for Photography will be presented a certificate and a cash prize of €500.
- An overall winner will be chosen from the three category winners. The overall winner will receive a trophy and an additional cash prize of €250.
- Three highly commended photos may be awarded at the judges’ discretion. They will receive €100 each.
- The awards will be presented during the IFAJ Congress. Entrants need not be present to win—efforts will be made to establish an online presence by the winners.
- For submission on behalf of a guild, a guild representative who is authorized to submit fill out the current application form online, found on the IFAJ website. Submissions made with any outdated forms will not be accepted.
- For individual submissions, the individual may fill out the current application form online, found on the IFAJ website. Submissions made with any outdated forms will not be accepted.
The following must also be included for the entry before the deadline;
- Prior to beginning your submission, please save your images using the following style:
- SURNAME_COUNTRY_PHOTO CONTEST CATEGORY.
- For example, Allison Finnamore’s entry into the production category would be saved with the file name FINNAMORE_CANADA_PRODUCTION.
- Photos not save with this title format will not be accepted.
Entry deadline: February 1, 2017
There is no entry fee for any member in good standing of a national guild that is affiliated with the IFAJ. There is a fee of €25 for an entry submitted by a national guild if the photo was taken by someone who is not a member of their association or guild.