IFAJ is committed to providing professional development opportunities to agricultural journalists and communicators around the world. Among the most exciting are:
- Awards programs that provide feedback, friendly competition and the chance to see the best agricultural reporting in the world.
- World Congresses and regional press tours that bring together colleagues from around the world for networking, workshops and field visits.
- Tours of farms, food processing facilities and other agriculture-related businesses around the world.
- Webinars on important topics in agriculture and journalism.
- A Master Class for accomplished journalists—and emerging industry leaders—from countries that do not yet have IFAJ member guilds, sponsored by DuPont Pioneer to help build guilds in developing countries.
- The IFAJ-Alltech Young Leader Program, building leadership skills among journalists recognized as outstanding talents and future leaders in their national organizations.
- Exposure-4-Development, a small-group, intensive annual media tour (sponsored for the past two years by AGCO) exploring sustainability, intensification, development and marketing in a developing agricultural economy.
We are constantly developing opportunities to expand our professional development programs, helping journalists and communicators sharpen the skills needed to connect their audiences with information vital to agriculture in their countries.