Originating in Germany, the Field Days provide a hands-on insight into crop production – novel varieties, new production techniques, plant protection, live machinery demonstrations, research in action – with participation from a range of exhibitors. The objective is to provide farmers and advisers with valuable decision-making information.
The German organisation DLG (which is responsible for Agritechnica) is extending a limited number of invitations to IFAJ members on a first come first served basis to participate in its Field Days in Turkey this year. The event is being held 120km from Istanbul in Luleburgaz-Turkey from May 9-12, 2018. The organisers will cover hotel accommodation for two nights. There will be an English interpreter. Upon request, additional field/farm visits could be organised (arable and/or livestock), including to the nearby HATTAT tractor factory.
- Participants will arrive on May 8th and stay for two nights.
- More than 107 different wheat varieties, 35 different forage crops, Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, quinoa and various certificated seeds in field plots, with a total of 250 different variety plots
- A special event for drone technologies
- Universities will present their smart technologies
- Associations of Seed Producers to organize panels about certified seed use
- Tractors and Agricultural Machinery in action, with live machinery demonstrations
- Automatic steering will be another topic. Live demonstrations and presentation will take place
- Confirmed ‘big name’ exhibitors include Bayer, BASF, SumiAgro, Adama, alongside domestic names
More information here: http://www.tarlagunleri.com/eng/
If you are interested in being added to the invitation list please send an e-mail to the IFAJ Global Office firstname.lastname@example.org by April 6th